Friday, March 6, 2009

Baby Stuff

Shoes-Shoes & More Shoes!
Ok, I love these!!
I found the pattern online by Stardustshoes - excellent pattern by the way.
It's very easy to read and follow. The best part is, that it
only took me an hour from start to finish for each
pair - plus it's a chance to use all of those cute scraps that you can't bring
yourself to throw away, but can never find
a decent project to make with them.
I made these yesterday on my day off.
The light blue ones (shown below) are cool because I silk-screened a pink
butterfly and some blue hearts on them. (I could really get hooked on silk-screening.... maybe
I'll try it on some onesies or something fun like that... Yea! A new project for next week!)
My favorite of the three pairs are the blue ones with the buttons. The material is from
an upholstry swatch that I got from JoAnn Fabrics. I think I like them the most
because they look asian.

*************************
Baby Sling
No ties / No clasps / No velcro!
Here's a neat baby sling that I made yesterday too. This isn't the first one that I've
made of these. A girlfriend of mine is getting ready to have a baby boy
and I made her one about a month ago. The size of the sling is made specifically
for your shoulder to hip measurement so there is no need
for ties, clasps, etc.

It's sewn with french seams (basically it's a seam that's sewn twice for strength), it's lined with a soft fabric for additional support and comfort for the baby, and it has a
pocket in the front to hold burp rags, pacifiers, and whatnots.



1 comment:

  1. Really nice blog and cool stuff! I'm impressed by crafty people because I myself fall very short in the artistic/creative categories. Anyway, nice work!
    -Katrina Bryan

    ReplyDelete