Monday, May 18, 2009

Homemade is just so rockin awesome!


Here are some Puzzle Balls that I made this past week. The name isn't completely correct - the balls arn't really a puzzle, but they are colorful and fun for babies to play with.
They have many areas that to grab onto to help with baby's
hand-eye coordination ;)
The vintage fabrics are also a big plus...

I made three different sizes - I'm a fan of making things in "threes."
I can either make them with fabric that I already have - or if you have a color theme in mind I can work with that too.
****
Large Puzzle Ball [7 inch diameter] $ 8
Medium Puzzle Ball [5.5 inch diameter] $ 11
Small Puzzle Ball [4 inch diameter] $ 15
*******
L'Bugs Baby Bedding!!
If you know me, I really like to have unique things and baby bedding was no exception.
I looked around, but couldn't find anything that really matched the
style that I want for L'bug's room.
I've only got 6 weeks left - so this weekend I cranked up the sewing and finally finished her bed quilt!
The star points are randomly placed throughout - they are made from pieces of fabric from my baby clothes / vintage japanese fabric / and other cute pieces that
I had left over.
The backing and the border are made from a soft cotton that I found with my mom.
To add more detail I used a different fabric for the corners.
Making this quilt really opened my eyes to making "Memory Quilts." I looked online and there are several places that allow you to send them fabric from clothing.
You know - the clothing that you can't wear anymore, but has many memories so you can't bear to throw or give it away... also - baby clothes are another great idea for quilts.
What better way to preserve the memories than to have a quilt made out of them. The memory quilts I found online... on average run around $75 - $150 (plus shipping) depending on the size.
I'll gladly make a Memory Quilt for anyone that wants one - Now that I've got the thought in my head I'm planning on saving back some of L'bugs baby clothes and making on for her 1st birthday.
****
If you'd like one for baby / yourself / or as a gift - by all means contact me!
Quilt sizes can be anywhere from 36" x 36" [Approx. $45] to 60" x 60" [Approx. $ 90]

*****

Eclectically Home Grown

sing_82@yahooc.om

No comments:

Post a Comment