Friday, May 1, 2009

L-Bug's Going Green

Ok, I'm not - if you know me - a massive "organic" person [love ya E] but I do love love love to
reuse stuff! p.s. the GoodWill is the best place to start :)
Here's L-bug's diaper bag that I made for her - about 40% of it is from an existing bag that
I didn't like - but hated to throw away. It's approx. 18" x 8" x 12" with two side pockets /
and inner organizer pouch / and two front pockets.
The strap is from the old bag.
Here's the inside - gotta love those organizers!
Here are the front pockets with a bandana as the liner - the teal color is the reused liner from the old bag. The gray side pockets are also from the old bag.



Let me know if you'd like a bag. I've made diaper bags for people in the past.
I can either go off a pattern or we can design it together if you want!
*****
Along with the "green" theme of this entry - I took an old t-shirt of mine and made some cute pants. This size is 0 - 3 months, and I had plenty of material from a med. size woman's shirt. Starting with a woman's med. shirt - I can also get a 3 - 6 month size pant.
I did make a 6 - 9 month pant out of one of my husband's shirts though.
Here's a step by step of how I made it.
First find a cute shirt -
Finish the bottom edges -


Finish the top
Sew up the legs


Finish sewing
Add the elastic - and...
Waalah! You've got some pants! :-)

If you want some pants - let me know. If you provide the shirt then I can make you some for
$5 a pair up to a 9 month size
****
Here's an apron that I made from a shirt!
A lady at my baby shower had one for her grandaughter to use when she comes to grandma's house and they do crafting projects. I thought it was such a cute idea that I had to make L-bug one!
Finding a shirt with a cute design is half the fun -



Apron's are $15 (using fabric that I have on hand)
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment