Sunday, October 11, 2009

Changing Leaves & Pumpkins

My favorite time of year! Fall
This probably has something to do with my love with the fine art of layering clothes... I would have to say that the fall is the best time of year here in the midwest. This past week I got to try out my cowl neck - hecks yea yo -
I was at my parents last week which gave me an opportunity to relax and get ready for the holidays. I know that it's way way too early to be even mentioning the word holiday - but I had to... The beginning of October is when I start making family Christmas presents. If I don't give myself enough time... I won't get them done - and then I'll have to go out and frantically look for one - not my style. I'm not a "day after Thanksgiving" shopper. I used to shop on that day, but I by no means have ever stood in line or ran down the isles of a store to get that prized gift.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are one of those super individuals - more power to you.
I digress...
Here's a scarf that I made for my mom last year. It's made out of a finger weight wool that I did in an Irish Flower pattern. I made a crochet button for the end for detail. It's approx. 57" long and 4 1/2" wide .

The wool was special order for it's particular weight. You could technically make this scarf in any type of yarn, however it needs to be made in a thinner yarn to get the "dainty / lacy" feel.

Irish Flower Scarf (wool) $75

Also - I wanted to let everyone know that my regular lead time is approx. 4 - 6 weeks depending on the amount of orders that I have. So, if you'd like to order anything for yourself or for holiday gifts... you should put in your orders as soon as possible. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment