Monday, August 23, 2010

Gemma Giraffe

My family and close friends know that everywhere I go I have a crafting project with me. The first year of our marriage D wasn't used to my "extra purse," and he felt that it was rude of me to bring it along when we'd go to friend's houses... I on the other hand use my crochet projects to keep me awake after dinner and felt that falling asleep would be more rude. (Please note that our friends and family aren't boring or dull by any means. I just happen to be one of those people that, when I get tired, can fall alseep in under five minutes... especially in the car...)
Now, as I walk through the door, my friends ask me expectantly what new project I'm working on. Plus, having a thread and needle on hand has come in handy on more than one occasion. But I digress ;)
Having said all of that, when we went to Atlanta I needed a new project to keep me busy. Welcome Gemma Giraffe! I got the pattern from a book, but added a few things of my own like the tufts of "fur" on the back, fabric lining in the ears, and the buttons for the legs by myself. I remember the book being really cute, but for the life of me I can't recall it's name. Or I would totally give it props and recommend it.
[If you'd like the pattern - email me - sing_82@yahoo.com]




It has L'bug's approval! She likes to grab it by the legs and fling it around the room. Ahh... It's so fullfilling to see something you've worked on with love for like 25 hours flying past your head! I did make it for her and she obviously is getting joy from it, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that I did, for a moment, contemplate not giving it to her. Just for a moment though. Watching her laugh and walk around the house holding it by the back leg is priceless.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy looking at all your projects. You inspire me to get creative. Also, did you know I live in Atlanta now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!!!! I love the pictures especially! :)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete