Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quiet Afternoon

Even before I became an Etsy "seller" I always looked around. What can I say - it's a great place for inspiration! Yes... some of the items I truly feel belong on Regretsy ;-) but the other day I found a really cute Nesting Doll Brooch.

(I tried looking for it again this morning and it was no where to be found for me to give credit to the original designer - but whoever you are.... awesome work!)
After L'bug didn't eat her lunch she played and then took a long afternoon nap. *sigh* Peace and quiet!
I have a couple larger projects that I could've worked on, but I really wanted to do something that I could finish in an afternoon.
So, here's my version of a Nesting Doll Brooch.

I used a kniting stitch holder for the pin and some random parts of old jewelry I had lying around for the details.
Like I said, I'm not sure who the person was who originally had them posted on Etsy, but they also had other brooches with different themes. Like there was one with random pieces of breakfast foods and another one for lunch foods...
I don't think I will be making either of those, but the whole concept of a felted theme brooch is a pretty cool idea. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment